The church was built in 1884 near the site of the 1881 church that was destroyed by fire. It has stood as a center of worship and faith on the island, with only one significant break in services since that time. The building was restored in the 1990’s. A replica of a traditional praise house is located behind the building. Sunday services are open to all who come to worship.