Haig Point, was known as Haig’s Point in plantation days. It is home to the Haig Point Lighthouse. The lighthouse can be seen from Calibogue Sound at the northern tip of the island. The lighthouse was built in 1873 and was in operation until 1924. Haig Point also has extensive tabby ruins and a Gullah cemetery on the property. Private residential community – no access.