WALK THROUGH THE HISTORY OF DAUFUSKIE ISLAND at the DAUFUSKIE ISLAND HISTORICAL FOUNDATION
Everything You Need To Learn About Daufuskie Island! Daufuskie Island Historical Foundation provides you with information about the Island’s notable past. From its pre-Colonial days through the mid-20th century, we’ll let you discover the island’s historical moments.
PRESERVING THE ISLAND’S HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL HERITAGE:
The Daufuskie Island Historical Foundation is a 501(C)3 organization founded in 2001, which seeks to preserve the history and culture of Daufuskie Island, South Carolina. To further public knowledge and appreciation of the area, we took the effort to:
- Acquire and Restore Historic Buildings
- Established an Island History Museum
- Created a Self-Guided Trail of Historic Island Sites
- Began an Island History Archive Center
The museum’s collection reflects the history of Daufuskie Island from its pre-Colonial days through the mid-20th century.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MUSEUM INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A Copy of the Original Land Grant From England’s King George II to Dave and Francis Mongin in 1735
- An Early 19th Century Family Bible
- A Restored 1890s Organ
- An Eleven-and-a-Half-Foot Stuffed Alligator
- Military Buttons
- Indian Arrowheads and Photographs Dating Back to Plantation Days
Come visit the Museum and learn more about the history of the island, Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 4pm.
BUY A BRICK TO SUPPORT THE FOUNDATION
REACH OUT TO US FOR MEMORABLE HISTORICAL TOURS
Visit our historical location and catch the Daufuskie Island Ferry at Buckingham Landing on Hilton Head Island. The schedule, reservations, and directions for the Daufuskie Island Ferry can be found at DaufuskieIslandFerry.com.
If you have any questions or want to make a museum reservation, connect with one of our staff members today. We’ll be glad to be of help.
- (843) 384-6363
- 44 Old Haig Point Rd. | Daufuskie Island, SC 29915