Travel + Leisure magazine has named Daufuskie Island’s Haig Point one of the “13 Best Places to Retire for Golf Lovers.”
Looking for a retirement community that offers great golfing opportunities? Look no further than Haig Point, located on Daufuskie Island in South Carolina. This private club community was recently named one of the 13 best places to retire for golf lovers by Travel + Leisure magazine.
Haig Point is home to two championship golf courses designed by Rees Jones. The courses are set amidst stunning Lowcountry scenery and offer beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean. In addition to great golf, Haig Point also offers a variety of other recreational amenities, including an equestrian facility, tennis, a beach club, a fitness center, dining, and boating.
Travel + Leisure lists the following accolades of Haig Point:
- The Rees Jones course’s 20-hole Signature course, with two distinct routings
- Osprey course is ideal for family play or a quick round with its nine-holes
- The seven oceanfront views from tees or greens on the courses
- Lush forest-lined fairways
- Lowcountry style, from cottages to stately homes
- Daufuskie’s history, beauty, and relaxed atmosphere
- Housing options start at around $800,00
- Homesites start at $125,000
“A variety of membership levels provide for different levels of services and amenity access designed for those who live within Haig Point, on the nearby Lowcountry islands or further afield. All memberships include amenity access and ferry transportation for members and family. Haig Point members are also able to enjoy privileges at a number of prestigious clubs throughout the nation through our affiliate reciprocity agreement.”
“The dining opportunities and special events at Haig Point offer members and guests menus that feature everyone’s favorites as well as original creations inspired by the season and what’s fresh from the sea. And, the Calibogue Club Happy Hours are just about world-famous!”