The Mary Dunn cemetery is the only historic cemetery for white people on Daufuskie Island. Established in the 1700s, it borders the Mongin Creek on land provided by Mary Dunn for a family cemetery. In later years permission was given for white people who were not relatives to be buried there. There are gravestones in this cemetery dating as far back as 1790. The cemetery is privately owned and still used today.