Southern Living says our Island is “The Most Romantic Winter Getaway in Every Southern State.”
In a December 10th article, Southern Living called Daufuskie Island the best place for romance in South Carolina. We couldn’t agree more!
Here are some reasons they mentioned:
- Getting to Daufuskie Island is an adventure in itself, since you can only get here by ferry.
- Our sunsets are like no other, ” bursting with color.”
- Daufuskie Island’s flora and fauna: Our untouched subtropical landscape is pristine. A multitude of exotic birds cover the landscape.
- Our broad and picturesque beaches and fondly welcome visitors, but you are likely to have them all to yourself!
- Daufuskie’s exotic creatures: On a sunny day, you are apt to see and alligator basking in the sun or in the plentiful lagoons and estuaries – even in winter!
- The weather is mild in winter, with high temperatures averaging in the low 60 degree range.
- Forget the hustle and bustle for there are very few cars on the island.
- Our history: there are so many little-known fascinating churches, cemeteries, battle sites and relics to discover.
- You can also see the island on horseback.
- Stay in a magical cottage or updated historic home in a fairy-tale forrest or with views of the water.
So, if you are looking for a Valentine’s day getaway for you and your sweetie, or just going stag, Daufuskie Island is an enchanting destination. Many thank to Southern Living for the props!